Ashton Woods is more than just a home builder. From the sale of our first home in 1989 to recently being named Builder of the Year by Builder Magazine, our focus has always been on blazing new trails and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in homebuilding. Ashton Woods, the #1 private home builder in the United States, markets its homes through its two award-winning brands, Ashton Woods and Starlight Homes. The Ashton Woods brand is known for designing thoughtfully curated, inspired homes for people who love design. The Starlight Homes brand builds homes specifically for the first-time homebuyer, offering affordable homes with well-executed designs and quality finishes for buyers looking to make the dream of home ownership a reality. The company’s commitment to innovation and continually evolving to meet the needs of the market is a key reason we are one of the most celebrated homebuilders in the nation, winning hundreds of national and local industry awards in product and community design, architecture, merchandising, sales, marketing, and customer service.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Ashton Woods sells new homes in Atlanta, Austin, Charleston, Dallas, Houston, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, San Antonio and Tampa.Position Overview:
The VP of Sales Operations will be put in place to drive higher levels of sales execution and efficiencies in the following areas:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales Staffing: work with HR to create a virtual bench, recruiting, vetting, testing, and hiring that ensure all our sales leadership and neighborhoods are staffed appropriately.
- Sales Performance Management: leveraging various tools (DB, Salesforce, LMS, AW University) to ensure our VP’s, GSM’s/ NHSM’s and CSM’s/NHSC’s are getting the correct information and data to drive a high performing sales organization. This shall encompass on-boarding, ongoing sales skills and knowledge development training. Helping in such areas as individual development plans that drive accountability for achievement of individual, neighborhood, and division sales objectives.
- Sales Leadership Development: help identify sales leaders in the organization that can be developed through training, mentoring, and coaching. Calibration shall be done using the core competencies of the target role in addition to skill and knowledge requirements, leadership skills and the appropriate business acumen to become a high performing sales leader. This will require a documented development plan in which to manage expectations, achievements, and readiness for promotion.
- Sales Business Forecasting: Conduct Salesforce pipeline calls with each Division on a regular cadence to drive sales performance across the key business metrics; lead engagement, lead to appt. set., appointment kept to show., opportunity engagement, opportunity conversation rates and cancellation rates.
- Saleforce Business Analyst: work with the business analyst to provide insights on field execution and to be an expert in dissecting data and converting it into operational practices that will enhance the performance of the GSMs/NHSMs and the CSMs/NHSCs.
- Sales Business Plan Forecasting: work with VPs to ensure that our annual and quarterly business plan targets are aligned to the current market conditions. Ensuring that we are creating optimal revenue generation and leveraging all the available tools to achieve our committed sales and closing goals. This shall include appropriate sales leadership, CSM’s/NHSC’s marketing planning, pricing etc.
- Sales Compensation and Rewards Programs: Work with the HR team to create, model, implement compensation plans that drive the desired sales behaviors aligned to the business objectives.
(Including but not limited to the following)
- Effectively work with each level of the sales organization (CSM/GSM/VP/SVP) to optimize Ashton Woods’ Sales Operations and Performance
- Minimum weekly communication via phone to ensure Division(s) are tracking to sales, closing, margin, Guild Quality, and the defined business metrics.
- Relay feedback on Division progress/risk areas to SVP Sales and COO. Divert required resources as necessary to ensure the Division has the help/resources needed to achieve its business objectives.
- Division Sales Organization: ensure that each community and new communities are/will be staffed appropriately.
- Partner with HR on Division Sales Leadership & CSM.NHSC needs to ensure the appropriate number of candidates are ready for each new Sales Fusion Learning class.
- Partner with Ashton Woods Learning Director and Ashton Woods Learning Manager on the learning and training strategy for monthly GSM/NHSM and CSM/NHSC development training sessions.
- Partner with Corporate Marketing to ensure the appropriate number of leads are being driven and the divisions are driving optimization of lead engagement, lead conversion and sales.
- Partner with VPs to ensure the appropriate number of opportunities are being driven and the divisions are driving the optimization of opportunity engagement via the available tools (Salesforce, VidREACH, etc.) to drive opportunity to sales conversion rates.
- Subject matter expert on sharing best practices regarding lead engagement, appointment setting, opportunity conversion, sales knowledge, techniques, and behaviors.
- Sales Business Practices: ensure all processes meet and exceed playbook minimums
- Engage other functional leaders when needed to help Division Presidents and VP of Sales & Marketing drive the overall business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Sales, or related field required.
- Five to ten years direct Sales Leadership experience as a Vice-President of Sales and Marketing leading a team producing at least 400 units per year.
- Managed a team of both customer facing Sales Consultants and Front-Line Sales Leaders (Area/General Sales Manager).
- Experience in a highly focused Customer Engagement and Customer Satisfaction environment.
- Skilled in using Sales Performance Management systems such as Salesforce, Learning Management Systems, DocuSign etc.
- Skilled in using and leading Virtual Meetings
- Demonstrated expertise in the overall operation of a homebuilding operation and the skill to work and influence cross functional leaders.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and creative thinker/problem solver.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time