Based in Washington, D.C., Quorum is a fast-growing software company and is the leading provider of workflow software and information services for government affairs professionals across the corporations, non-profits, associations, and governmental end-markets. Quorum allows users to manage stakeholder engagement, launch grassroots advocacy campaigns, and track legislative activity at all levels of government, including federal, state and local.
Quorum provides mission-critical solutions to public affairs professionals for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and 30+ countries around the globe. Quorum serves over 2,000 customers globally including over 50% of the Fortune 100, and has over 350 team members across the globe. The company recently acquired Capitol Canary, a market leader in grassroots advocacy software.
As our Commercial Counsel & Deal Desk Manager, you will provide legal advice, guidance, and support on a range of commercial matters and transactions with a primary focus on sales contracts. This position will help the business assess risks, ensure compliance with regulations, and help with structuring commercial deals and partnerships.
- Advise on the legal aspects of commercial contracts and agreements such as licensing deals, sales contracts, MSAs, NDAs, and vendor and supplier relationships.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of sales contracts.
- Identify legal and regulatory issues that may impact commercial initiatives and deals; offer solutions to mitigate risks.
- Interpret laws, rulings, and regulations that affect business operations and commercial endeavors
- Coordinate with external counsel as appropriate..
- Work cross-functionally to assess legal risks associated with new partnerships, clients and business proposals.
- Manages GSA product catalog and submits formal requests to add products or make changes to pricing .
- Manage Deal Desk workflow and team members to ensure efficient and accurate processing of contracts.
- JD degree and admission to the Bar.
- 3+ years of experience as a commercial contracts Attorney.
- Deep understanding of business transactions and commercial legal frameworks.
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation abilities.
- Knowledge of technology transactions and intellectual property law.
- Ability to communicate complex legal issues clearly and effectively.
- Exceptional analytical, research, writing, and verbal communication skills.
About the Sales Operations Team:
- We take pride in keeping the metaphorical train on its track at a high-growth start-up
- We are the resident subject matter experts on business operations—our team supports sales, customer success, finance, and marketing!
- We believe that precedent is not best practice—we are constantly striving to improve our own workflow. In doing so, we live by Quorum's growth principles to Take the Lead and Own the Execution
- We pay attention to the details and have pride in the work we do, knowing that our team helps provides peace of mind to our team members, clients, and vendors
- We're close as a company—we work together, spend time together, and value each others' ideas and input
Our Work Environment
- We are a hybrid team with flexible work options: work remotely or choose to come into our vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office in Washington DC.
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office - both together and remote, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, virtual art classes and wine tasting.
Do you want to learn what it's like to have a real impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Company holidays plus additional company-wide days off for team members to rest and recharge
- Four Day Weekends for President's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Free Subscription to Linkedin Learning to support professional development
- Invest in Yourself Days - one designated day per quarter is dedicated to your professional development!
- One-time Work from Home Stipend
- 401k match
- Choice of trans-inclusive medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Bright sunlit open office concept with your own dedicated desk (if you want it)
- Inclusion & Diversity Affinity Groups to support belonging
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
For any questions regarding any open roles on our team, please reach out to email@example.com.
Location: Washington, D.C.
We comply with all requirements for US government federal contractors issued by the OFCCP, IFR, and the terms of our government contracts.