It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.Job Description
We are looking for a top-notch Revenue Operations leader to unify and align the operations, systems, and data that support revenue teams across products & regions, with the ultimate goal of generating more consistent and scalable growth.
As Head of Revenue Operations, you will be responsible for building and leading a small, technical team that will optimize our sales processes and reporting across regions and revenue streams. You will also work closely with our business revenue-generating and go-to-market functions (e.g Sales, Account Management, Partnerships, Ads, Marketing) to ensure that our revenue tools and systems are running smoothly and to drive process and system alignment across the company (including functions such as Pricing, Accounting, Legal, Merchant Onboarding, Compliance, and Risk).
The Revenue Operations team will also support the execution of Sales and GTM strategies by delivering insights to senior leadership, ideating and developing proactive Salesforce and Sales tool reporting, establishing new internal processes, and bridging the gap between GTM teams and CRM product teams so the GTM functions can remain focused on revenue acquisition and growth.
In this role, you will focus on:
- Process Building & Optimization: Ensure all of our go-to-market systems and sales processes operate efficiently and scale according to our overall strategic priorities and across all relevant GTM teams.
- System Enhancements: Work cross-functionally to administer systems integrations and enhancements (e.g., Salesforce, Merchant Onboarding Portal, Admin Portal) to support go-to-market strategies and streamline the merchant acquisition lifecycle
- Reporting: Design Salesforce and other Sales Tool reporting to provide proactive visibility into leading indicators of business performance across products, regions, and business segments (SMB, Mid, Ent), identify risks, and unlock growth opportunities.
- Data Quality: Ensuring data cleanliness and integrity within our CRM. Leverage 3rd party sources to validate data, and work with regional sales teams to define data standards.
- GTM Best Practices: Identify internal and external best practices across our GTM teams to level-up our selling motions and streamline internal operations
- Tech Stack and Sales Tool Investment: Drive the strategic direction for the technology stack used by revenue teams, ensuring the organization invests in and leverages the best tools and platforms for RevOps
- Tech Stack and Sales Tool Management: Manage and optimize our sales tech stack (e.g., Gong, Salesloft) and tools so GTM teams can focus on winning new business and growing existing business.
- Change Management: Spearhead organizational change initiatives that impact revenue oriented processes or systems, driving change management efforts to ensure large-scale changes are well-adopted, and are regionalized or varied by segment appropriately.
- Risk Management: Identify and address potential risks in the revenue operations process, proactively mitigating issues that could impact revenue generation
- Building a lean & high performing team: Hiring and leading a Revenue Operations function with a relentless focus on the above.
- Have 15+ years of experience at a B2B SaaS company in a sales operations or revenue operations role (FinTech experience a plus but not required)
- Have deep fluency in Salesforce, Salesloft, LeanData, and Gong and be ready to roll up your sleeves to debug an issue or improve a process
- Be comfortable working cross-functionally with key stakeholders across GTM teams
- Have experience with lead / opportunity routing workflows and territory planning and account mapping exercises
- Understand B2B sales stages to drive funnel efficiency
- Have experience across Market Segments (Small Business to Enterprise)
- Have experience working across global regions
- Get excited taking noisy data and turning it into a meaningful story through SQL or BI tools to share with multiple teams
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $180,000 - USD $270,000
Zone B: USD $180,000 - USD $270,000
Zone C: USD $180,000 - USD $270,000
Zone D: USD $180,000 - USD $270,000
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We’ve noticed a rise in recruiting impersonations across the industry, where individuals are sending fake job offer emails. Contact from any of our recruiters or employees will always come from an email address ending with @block.xyz, @squareup.com, @tidal.com, or @afterpay.com, @clearpay.co.uk.Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
While there is no specific deadline to apply for this role, on average, U.S. open roles are posted for 70 days before being filled by a successful candidate.