Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community.
Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Training Instructor I, PB designs, delivers, and evaluates PB EPIC Ambulatory/ Revenue Operations/Health Information Management (HIM) education and training programs for staff, management and other departments utilizing systems and/or modules to support the strategic goals of the Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) Network. This includes developing end users system training and developing operational policies. Co-manages all aspects of systems training involving PB EPIC Ambulatory/ Revenue Operations/HIM.
A day in the life of a Patient Accounting Training Instructor I with Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
Coordinates and work closely with Epic Training Expert(s) at Epic headquarters to ensure end user training is developed in accordance to Epic's timeline for the Network.
- Develop and implement end users testing scripts loaded into Epic's Testing System and continue to update them during testing and training which occur pre go-live and post go live for the Network.
Performs needs assessments, analyzes results, and identifies training opportunities based on those results for the Network.
- Develops and designs educational offerings based on needs assessments and/or organizational/departmental requirements for the Network.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of educational offerings to ensure that knowledge and/or skills learned are being applied on the job and have an impact on staff performance in meeting departmental/organizational goals for the Network.
Serves as the Department and IT liaison for the HMH Physician Practices throughout theNetwork.
- Troubleshoots problems and address questions from end users and providing off-hour support on an as needed basis. Provides off hours go live/upgrade support as requested for the HMH Physician Practices throughout the Network.
- Reviewing and testing each new release and enhancement; analyzing impact on PB EPIC Ambulatory/Revenue Operations/HIM modules for the Network.
- Assists by collaborating with IT and Epic in development of reports to support leadership for the HMH Physician Practices throughout the Network.
- Provide consultative support to HMH Physician Practices throughout theNetwork. as it relates to workflows, policies and procedures when necessary to ensure they are aligned across the HMH Physician Practices throughout the Network.
- Reviews governmental agency websites for updates and regulatory changes, conducts monthly review sessions with the Physician Billing Revenue Operations/HIM team.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; or equivalent relevant HMH experience at approximately 3-4 years.
- Minimum of 2 years of education/training experience.
- Experience in healthcare related fields.
Computer literacy, preferably in Google Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Master's degree in a related field.
System implementation experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
Maintain Certification via Annual New Version Training (Epic NVT).
- Epic Certifications in respective assigned Epic modules within 6 months of hire.
- Attend Epic's MST Courses within 1 year of being hired.
- Successfully pass completion of EPIC assessment within 30 days after Network access granted.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!