Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratize design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Passionate about a team of talented thinkers, an outstanding culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have built more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
The Sales Operations Sr. Analyst will be a member of the Sales Strategy & Operations team in support of Canva’s continued growth. Sales Strategy & Operations sits within the Sales & Success function that is responsible for driving revenue from F500 as well as mid-market and SMB companies.
The Sales Strategy & Operations function supports Sales & Success in driving revenue in a scalable and balanced way, through Incentive design and implementation, run the business reporting and analytics, sales tooling, sales process and enablement. This highly visible role is ideal for a motivated individual who leverages data driven analysis and creative thinking to solve problems. This team member will be encouraged to develop a deep understanding of Canva’s Sales & Success business drivers and build strong relationships with function, department, and executive leadership to create actionable analysis. In return, this role offers the right candidate the opportunity to help shape the next phase of Canva’s history.
In this role, you will build and own the forecast and revenue cadence (including full funnel metrics). You will analyze monthly business results and own the Sales/ Success component of the monthly business review. You will ensure forecast accuracy within sales, and partner with finance to provide inputs during financial planning.
What you'll do:
- You will assist with monthly close, reporting and forecasting, and planning process
- You'll lead the sales forecast cadence including building the forecast models, resolving probability of close by stage and ensuring pipeline hygiene in Salesforce
- You will provide reporting and insight into stale pipeline and actively monitor pipeline quality, following up with sales and sales leadership to improve
- You will define forecast methodology for all segments of the business including AEs and CSMs across ARR, seats and usage metrics
- You'll conduct full funnel analysis of conversion from top of funnel (leads) to deals closed and renewals
- You will identify and understand business trends, and provide commentary in partnership with sales leadership on forecast and pipeline changes
- You are passionate about providing relevant insights to share during monthly business reviews
- You will make recommendations to documents and processes and assist in systems/process improvements to enhance overall sales reporting accuracy and speed
What we're looking for:
- You have a Bachelors in Engineering, Finance, Economics and/or Accounting or related subject area is required
- You have around 5 years of experience in Finance, Business Operations or Sales Strategy & Operations in fast growing technology company
- You are a power user of SQL and data visualization. Must be very comfortable writing sophisticated queries on large data sets combining Salesforce.com and usage data. Must be comfortable on data visualization tools like Looker, Mode or Tableau
- You excel in using Excel and google sheets especially formulas to join data and aggregate across multiple sources (e.g. index/match, vlookups, sumifs, countifs, array formulas etc.)
- You have the ability to present the results of sophisticated analysis across large data sets clearly and effectively to a wide range of business leaders
- You have prior experience with Salesforce
- You have experience with sales forecasting methodologies
- You have outstanding analytical/problem-solving skills
- You have excellent communication skills and you are able to interact with various stakeholders
- You have a deep understanding of the levers which impact business performance
- You have the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.