As a Quoting Operations Analyst on the Deal Desk team, you will provide end-to-end support to Account Executives and Sales leaders on the deal quoting process across quote structuring, approval process, deal signature and handoff to order management. You will be the business liaison between the Sales Team and Legal, Orders Management, Finance and other cross-functional teams to drive an accurate and efficient quoting process.
You understand the Sales and Quoting process in the B2B technology / software space and have demonstrated the ability to partner with Sales on a large portfolio of deals. You love the high-paced interactions with Sales whilst figuring out ways we can operationally improve as a business and never losing sight of the long-term strategy and goals. Creating partnerships within the company to help serve sales will be essential to success in this role. Experience in structuring, quoting and managing technology / software agreements is required. You will report to the Global Head of Quoting Operations..The Impact You Will Have
What We Look For
- Guide Sales across a large portfolio of deals on structuring quotes, shepherding them from creation all the way to signature
- Expedite the proposal and approval of offers for standard deals in CPQ by working with Account Executives and Sales Managers
- Conduct deal validations to review completeness, accuracy and data integrity across systems of opportunities, quotes and order forms of closed deals
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (e.g. Sales Leadership, Legal, Finance, Order Management etc.) to ensure deals comply with internal process
- Help drive projects and initiatives focused on improving productivity and simplifying processes to scale the Quoting operation as Databricks grows in customers, products and contractual complexity
- Take ownership of cases opened by sales and resolve their issues or provide necessary support to enable successful quoting and escalate appropriately as needed.
- Enable sales to use CPQ effectively, articulate system functionality, and troubleshoot common questions.
- 3 or more years of deep experience in a similar Quoting Operations, Deal Desk, Sales Operations or Contract Operations/Management role
- Understanding of the software and services licensing including common terminology and contractual workflows
- Proficient in using Salesforce.com
- Experience with Configure, Price and Quote (CPQ) tools.
- Experience picking up new technology and processes and ensuring the broader team are enabled
- Proven track record of not just executing an existing quoting / deal process, but actively contributing to scaling the process:
- Improving SLAs and turn-around-times by enhancing the process
- Contributing to systematic automation of repeatable tasks
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related degree
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.Compliance
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.