V&C are delighted to be supporting our client on an exciting new career opportunity within Luxury Travel for a Director Of Sales & Operations position. This natural, analytical leader must have proven experience within the worldwide luxury travel industry working across multiple product streams with an excellent understanding of the bespoke travel for UHN Guests. The remit will be to ensure that reporting departments (Contact Centre Sales, Air, Operations & Documentation) are focused on optimising sales & service, implementing strategic processes ensuring that all brands and products are aligned, maximising performance, streamlining operations and supporting departments including but not limited to Sales assistants, Air Concierge & Operations.
- In conjunction with Directors and Managers, ensure that all sales staff are knowledgeable and up to date on all products through destination training, sales and service training and continued fam trips coordinated through DMC’s or Third-Party Suppliers
- Coordinate with the Product team to ensure that training is conducted in a timely manner and consistency is maintained in all Contact Centre resource material.
- Work closely with the Agency Sales team to ensure that sales priorities are aligned.
- Develop and implement Contact Centre process and procedures to ensure consistency in booking processes.
- Maintain and analyse call centre metrics to determine appropriate staffing levels.
- Work closely with the SVP and the VP of Finance on yearly sales incentive scheme
- Ensure Documentation team delivers accurate and timely documents to our guests and Travel Advisor partners.
- Collaborate with Data Build to provide continual feedback on reservation system enhancements to improve booking speed time and improve customer service.
- Extensive knowledge of Sales in the travel business and industry practices –Tour Operating
- Strong Influential leader, with exceptional people management skills
- Experience in budget and forecast preparation.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and analytical skills required.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced and demanding role
- Experience of managing and influencing organisation stakeholders
- Experience of managing, developing and coaching large teams
- Strategic and operational thinker, able to demonstrate big picture thinking
- Proven experience in change management and project management
- Ability to identify requirements and make recommendations for change through the production of business cases