Porsche Cars GB (PCGB) has a strong heritage. Since our inception we have been committed to delivering the highest level of customer service and recognise that our staff are our strongest asset. An exciting opportunity has arisen and we are looking for a talented individual to join the Sales Operations team. Our Intern Training Program offers outstanding individuals a chance to gain invaluable experience and allows the perfect start to their career.This is a Placement Year position for a candidate currently studying a Business related Undergraduate degree at University, seeking a placement for their 3rd year. The role will commence in August 2024. Please ensure that you have read and understood the requirements of the role before applying.
To support the Vehicle Planning and wider Operations team with analysis and insight, to ensure accurate new car volume planning. Including analysis of risks and opportunities for Porsche in the UK market and reporting of sales performance to the UK business and Porsche AG.
- To support the Manager, Sales & Vehicle Planning with all Porsche new car volume planning, forecasting and reporting topics for PCGB and ROI
- To assist with the preparation and submission of all Weekly, Monthly and Annual forecast submissions to PAG
- To analyse and identify risks and opportunities in the current sales plan, highlighting or escalating these to the Manager, Sales & Vehicle Planning and wider Operations team
- To provide administrative and analytical support in the production allocation process to both the Manager, Sales and Vehicle Planning and wider vehicle planning team
- Support the Senior Vehicle Planner with the creation and management of a network production trading marketplace
- To assist the Fleet Controller with the ordering and production scheduling of launch and training vehicles
- Assist the Network Operations team with the management of National Stock to ensure that vehicles which are no longer required are allocated to the network in a compliant and fair manner
- Assist with preparation of business presentations and reports e.g. Forecast summaries, Sales Meetings, Performance Updates on an ad-hoc basis
- To understand and assist in the delivery of business strategy and objectives.
- Deliver a high level of service to internal and external customers, business partners and external suppliers, in line with the company values
- Contribute fully within the team, ensuring that the right environment is maintained
- Always adhere to company policies and procedures
- To be active participant in the Intern Project
The above list of Core Specific Responsibilities is not exhaustive. The intern is expected to carry out other duties as reasonably assigned from time to time in line with their ability. The Company reserves the right to vary the role content, within reason, with consultation and agreement, in accordance with business requirements.Requirements
- Full UK driving license would be preferred
- A-Levels inc. Maths or Science would be advantageous due to numerical nature of the role
- Strong level of IT literacy required, including MS office. Basic level of MS Excel proficiency essential
- Highly proficient in both spoken and written English. German language would be advantageous but not essential
- Strong organisational and communication skills are needed for this role, given the complexity of the tasks and the scope of stakeholder engagement
- Competitive salary
- Free tea and coffee making facilities
- On site restaurant
- Charity project with all interns
- Access to hundreds of online discounts through the My Discounts portal
- Training and development activities throughout your internship
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- An opportunity to visit the Porsche Experience Centre in Silverstone
Those who pass the first stage will be offered a Microsoft Teams/ Telephone Interview . The final stage of the recruitment process will be an Assessment Centre, after which the successful candidate will be notified.
Please note that subject to the volume of applications received we may bring forward our application deadline and would recommend you make your application to the programme at the earliest possible convenience to ensure you do not miss out.