At GFiber, we believe in the power of great internet that lets people do more, helps communities get stronger and makes amazing things possible. We’re not just growing to build better internet experiences, we’re also building a welcoming place where people who want to make a difference can grow their careers.
GFiber is an Alphabet company that brings Google Fiber and Google Fiber Webpass internet services to homes and businesses across the United States. Our growing, inclusive team is expanding as we connect more cities and people.
This role is on the Google Fiber team. Our mission is to deliver fast and reliable internet with products that are easy to understand and clearly priced. We believe that customers deserve a better internet experience and everything we do is focused on providing just that. On our team, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment that’s challenging the status quo in the Internet industry.Role Description
Google Fiber is bringing blazing fast internet throughout the Southwest Region
markets. As the Head of Sales - Texas, you will be charged with launching and running the sales activities for customers in single family homes, multi dwelling units, retail and small to medium business in the listed metro areas. The Head of Metro Sales is responsible for all aspects of sales within the encompassing metro portfolio. This position will report to the regional General Manager and will be the sales leader for the market teams. The primary area of focus will be on customer acquisition, growth, retention and leadership of the sales teams within the listed markets.
This role will be working cross-functionally and leading a diverse team to drive towards common sales objectives. A H.O.S. will be comfortable identifying new business opportunities, dissecting complex problems and communicating to senior management.In this role, you'll:
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- Responsible for customer growth in the market by assisting in the development and execution of the market sales strategy.
- Responsible for developing and orchestrating employees, temp staff, and vendor partners.
- Leading and managing team(s) accountable for customer acquisition, growth, and retention via Business to consumer in retail, Multi-use Unit, Small medium business, and door to door customer acquisition.
- Accountable for all access agreements with local property owners to allow Google Fiber to service their building.
- Working cross-functionally with your technical operations partners to build and sustain a healthy network.
- Delivering a premium experience to every customer encountered and lead the team by example, be that in the field or in the office.
- Ability and willingness to travel ~%10 of the time.
It's preferred if you have:
- Bachelors or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of direct leadership experience in sales or operations roles with core responsibilities of managing teams, building and growing business and customer base, managing customer expectations and relationships.
- Experience providing executive level readouts on channel metrics and performance.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, and in executing strategies to deliver business results.
- Experience as a sales leader, growing customers and meeting all sales objectives.
- Master Business Administration degree or equivalent practical work experience.
- 10 years of direct leadership experience in sales or operations roles with core responsibilities of managing teams, building and growing business and customer base, managing customer expectations and relationships.
- Business to business sales and/or marketing experience, ideally focused on acquiring SMBs.
- Excellent project management, business judgment, experiment design, analytical and quantitative skills.
It's important to us to create an accessible, inclusive workplace for everyone. If you have a need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our accommodations for applicants form. Our candidate accommodations team will then connect with you to confidentially discuss your options.