Junior Sales Operations Specialist
PURPLE was founded in 2017 at the intersection of industrial design, streetwear, and luxury fashion. A collective of friends and industry veterans set out to launch a collection of men’s denim and luxury basics. Denim is the anchor of the modern man’s wardrobe; PURPLE is dedicated to making that anchor more interesting.
We are a team of creative, collaborative, and highly dynamic people who love what we do, and we strongly believe that our diverse team of motivated individuals is what makes our company strong and successful.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position provides critical ongoing daily support for our growing sales team. You will process a high volume of sales orders, order acknowledgments, customer invoices. It's critical that you have a high attention to detail and communication skills, when following up and following through on all transactions with customers, suppliers, distributors, and internal departments. The Sales Support Specialist will act as a key point of contact between sales and all other internal and external customers by validating pricing, checking status of orders, and communicating any issues immediately to all stakeholders.
Role and Responsibilities
- Process of all wholesale orders (EDI) and order confirmation.
- Maintains and updates customer accounts with relevant order information, delivery expectations, or any other specific data.
- Informs sales staff of any issues that arise, such as a delay in shipping, or if customers have specific questions or complaints the associate is unable to handle.
- Keeps customers and sales teams updated on any changes to order status such as delivery dates.
- Provides reactive and proactive updates to customers as order status changes
- Works closely with finance, production, & shipping personnel daily to ensure customer orders are fulfilled and their payment to company is submitted in an accurate and timely manner
- Assists with competitive analysis campaigns and other industry related research as needed
- Works closely with operations and sales teams to confirm that re-order points on our ERP system is accurately reflecting our inventory needs
Qualifications and Skills
- Business education background required
- 1-2 years Industry experience and/or experience in a similar job.
- Proficiency in Windows OS and MS Office software required, particularly Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to organize & prioritize duties, multitask, and perform accurately, efficiently, and effectively in a high-paced work environment.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- A critical thinker with proven conflict resolution skills
- Previous experience with ERP system is an asset
Perks and Benefits
- Extended medical and health coverage that includes medical, dental and vision.
- Basic life insurance and disability
- Generous employee discount and product allowance
- Annual bonus based on performance
- Fun, casual office environment
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer; all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and business need.