We are looking for a highly motivated, technically savvy Sales Operations Manager to support a dynamic and evolving Sales Team, where your main objective is to drive productivity and efficiency improvements across the Sales teams in order to ultimately deliver on organization-wide revenue growth. Our Operations Managers support revenue leaders and reps to work smarter and more effectively through operations (process and workflow) improvements, an effective tech stack, timely/accurate data/insights, and enablement of teams and leaders.
You enjoy strategizing with leaders on things like how to leverage a software tool for the greatest impact, and also enjoy getting your hands dirty doing things like running reports in Salesforce or building forecast models in Excel. Your overarching goal is to improve sales productivity by enabling the sales team and sales leadership to work smarter and make better decisions through process improvements, sales technology, and data-based insights.
In this full time position, you will report to the Senior Manager, Revenue Operations with our Sales Team leadership as your main stakeholders. You will also work cross-functionally and build relationships within the Revenue organization (Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Finance, and other Operations teams).
ThoughtExchange is one of Canada’s fastest growing companies and is the only Enterprise Discussion Management platform powered by patented anti-bias technology. Modern leaders use ThoughtExchange to quickly gain critical insights and improve strategic decision making. With backing from some of the top investors in North America, ThoughtExchange is trusted by leaders across the globe to drive pivotal discussions at scale.
Your core responsibilities include:
- Partner with Sales Leaders on critical strategic and operational projects to improve sales productivity, drive operational efficiency, ensure revenue teams are aligned, and assess the performance of new initiatives. You will work with our new business team including business development, as well as our renewal team.
- Optimize Sales Processes to streamline operations, improve productivity, and enhance overall sales performance. This may involve analyzing and mapping out the sales cycle, identifying bottlenecks, creating dashboards or other reporting mechanisms, and implementing workflow changes. Collaborate with the sales team to identify key performance indicators (KPIs) and track them regularly. Work with Data Scientists, BI Team, and SF Team as needed. Provide recommendations based on data.
- Manage and Administer Technology including administering some key tools in our tech stack (potentially including Outreach or Gainsight). Identify opportunities to improve sales effectiveness through our tech stack, and implement solutions accordingly. Work closely with the Salesforce team to ensure that our CRM is set up to most effectively support the operational needs of the team.
- Sales and Marketing Alignment and Integration: Develop and implement strategies to streamline the handoff process between marketing and sales, ensuring a smooth transition of leads and minimal loss of potential opportunities. Continuously evaluate and optimize sales processes to maximize efficiency and collaboration with marketing.
- Sales Forecasting and Planning: Work closely with the sales leadership team to develop sales forecasts and budgets based on historical data, market trends, and business objectives. Monitor sales forecasts against actual performance, identify deviations, and provide recommendations to meet or exceed targets.
- Territory and Quota Management: Assist in defining sales territories and quotas, ensuring they align with business objectives and sales potential. Monitor and evaluate quota attainment, address any imbalances or performance gaps, and propose adjustments as needed.
- Support Sales Enablement by collaborating closely with Sales Enablement to support initiatives to enable the team with the necessary tools, resources, and training. This may include creating sales collateral, developing sales playbooks, supporting roll-out of new tools or processes, and providing ongoing sales training and coaching.
- Support our anti racism and diversity, equity & inclusion (ADEI) mandate by (at a minimum) being aware of our ADEI commitment and initiatives, and completing all required ADEI trainings
What is true about you:
- Hands-on knowledge of sales principles, practices, tactics, and tools (including experience doing all the responsibilities listed above)
- Strong business acumen
- Experience working in a SaaS software company
- Highly organized self-starter with the ability to work remotely in a cross functional, team-based environment
- Adept at prioritizing, managing, and delivering multiple complex and fast moving projects
- Collaborative with excellent stakeholder management skills - you interact effectively with all levels of management and across all functional areas, and communicate complex concepts easily
- Strong user of Excel or Google Sheets, and strong technology skills including Salesforce and other revenue tools (e.g., Outreach, Gong, Highspot, Gainsight)
- Have natural curiosity, strong critical thinking skills, and extremely resourceful problem solving
- Highly flexible when faced with ambiguity, complexity, and quick pivots with the ability to both improvise and iterate - we are a startup after all!
Preferred qualifications and experiences:
- 3+ years successfully supporting a growing, fast-paced Sales team in a Sales or Revenue Operations role
- Operations experience supporting B2B sales
- Experience supporting a sales team of 30+ people
- Bachelor degree
- Please include a cover letter with your application
If you don’t see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
ThoughtExchange welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Support is available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Finally, we know from time to time emergencies happen and you may need to reschedule an interview - we understand and encourage you to be in communication without worrying about losing the opportunity or your credibility.
Mutual respect and reciprocation are the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us - it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
- Over 180 inspired people work at ThoughtExchange. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
- Our investors believe in us, too. We’ve previously closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angels, and we recently closed $34 million in Series B funding with a syndicate of incredible US and Canadian investors. To say that we are ready for take off is an understatement.
What we offer:
- Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
- Community. We like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace, whether it’s collaborating in our virtual company meetings, connecting over donut dates or getting together in our offices or on the road.
- Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
- Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
- Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flexible working, an open annual vacation policy and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office.
- Ownership.In addition to competitive pay and benefits, employees receive share options when joining the company. Additional options are awarded throughout your ThoughtExchange career based on ongoing contributions to the company.