Commercial (Sales) Operations Manager
Location: Reading with travel
We are Citation Group. We offer colleagues and clients an opportunity they will not gain at many other businesses. We are interested in growth, investment, and service excellence. We have never and will never grow our business by cost-cutting or tying people up in bureaucracy. We don't do politics - we want people focused upon actions and delivery. We don't do micro-management - we empower, support and innovate. We are leaders, not empire builders and we love our business.
The Citation Group has grown rapidly over the past few years and has big ambitions for the future. As a Private Equity backed business, the plan is to triple the size of the business over the next few years through both organic growth and acquisitions.
This role is a huge opportunity for the right person. Initially based at our group business, IHasco, this role comes with big ambition plans to be responsible for several other UK businesses longer term in the Group. Considering the future state of this role, please be aware travel to other UK offices will be expected.
A Commercial (Sales) Operations Manager serves as the strategic architect of a sales team's performance, much like a marketeer crafts compelling marketing campaigns. This role is responsible for optimising sales processes, analysing data, and designing efficient workflows to ensure that every sales effort is maximised. They're like the mastermind behind a successful marketing campaign, using data-driven insights to create strategies that resonate with the target audience. In essence, the Commercial (Sales) Operations Manager is the marketeer's partner in ensuring that the sales team's efforts are finely tuned to drive revenue and growth.
Responsibilities/Day to day
- Work with Divisional Commercial Director and entity sales leads to ensure effective and efficient commercial processes are in place, linked to each entity's specific trading objectives.
- Work with commercial finance team to ensure accuracy of sales data and reporting.
- Support with setting key strategic priorities for each business, create a plan to deliver the objectives and manage the plan accordingly.
- Regularly evaluate the efficiency of commercial processes according to Divisional and entity objectives and implement improvements.
- Review all lead allocation processes to ensure all sales leads are worked in the most efficient way.
- Review, challenge and refine all commercial glide paths to ensure they link back to entity trading objectives.
- Introduce, maintain, and regularly update rigorous discount control mechanisms to ensure we deliver against divisional and entity margin budgets.
- Work with Divisional and entity stakeholders to ensure effective pipeline forecasting processes are implemented across all entities.
- Drive commercial efficiencies, improve sales velocity, conversion metrics and AOV to ensure we deliver in line with our commercial objectives.
- Regularly review effectiveness of existing sales tech stack and look for new opportunities to invest and improve conversion.
What we'd like you to have or have experience in:
- Expertise in Commercial Processes: Possesses an exceptional grasp of intricate commercial processes, demonstrating a profound understanding of how various facets of the business intersect.
- Effective Communication and Collaboration: Exhibits outstanding communication and collaboration skills, capable of fostering synergy across teams and departments, thereby enhancing productivity and cohesion.
- Comprehensive Business Acumen: Boasts a deep knowledge of diverse business functions, inclusive of proficient familiarity with cutting-edge technology platforms integral to modern commerce.
- Inherent Commercial Insight: Innately possesses a commercial mindset, coupled with an insatiable curiosity to explore the drivers of performance, consistently seeking ways to optimize outcomes.
- Data-Driven Decision-Making: Proficiently analyses data, leveraging insights to make well-informed decisions that steer business strategies in the most advantageous direction.
- Financial Proficiency: Demonstrates a broad understanding of financial management principles, adept at pinpointing cost-effective solutions and identifying revenue-generating opportunities that enhance the bottom line.
- Effective Problem-Solving: Possesses excellent problem-solving capabilities, coupled with the ability to think on one's feet, leading to prompt and innovative resolutions in dynamic business scenarios.
What you get from us
From celebrating your birthday with a day off (on top of our generous annual leave and bank holiday package) to providing extensive wellbeing support and a health cash plan, we're committed to nurturing your holistic well-being. At our workplace, we don't believe in "work as a chore." Instead, we cultivate an environment where you can thrive.
Here, you'll be surrounded by dedicated individuals who are passionate about our mission and purpose. We don't just stop at hiring; we invest in your continuous growth and development, ensuring that each day is an opportunity for learning and advancement.
We trust in your abilities and genuinely care about your success. Our transparent communication ensures you're aligned with our business strategy, and we're excited to offer you pathways for career growth and development. Say goodbye to clock-watching; here, every moment is an opportunity to excel, learn, and make a meaningful impact. Welcome to a workplace that values you as a whole person and helps you become the best version of yourself. Join us today!
Hit Apply now to forward your CV.