Informa PLC is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group. Our purpose is to champion the specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions. Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
A small sales operation team that assists and supports a sales team who are carrying out international sales for multiple events across Asia as well as digital and virtual events. Our portfolio’s include Food & Hospitality and Processing & Packaging. As a Sales Operation Executive you will be required to carry out the following;
- Receiving and replying to enquiries and information requests from potential customers
- Fielding exhibitor questions and queries, pre show/onsite and post show
- Able to answer any question you might be asked by the sales team with regards to the events you are working on
- Creating contracts and other legally binding documents that are sent to exhibitors
- Liaising with overseas sales operation teams and accounts departments with regards to the issuing of invoices, outstanding payments and receipt of payments
- Actively chasing exhibitors for any outstanding payments and tracking these closely, ensuring you have full visibility on each payment/exhibitor
- Collaborating with overseas sales operations teams with regards to processes and procedures
- Keep a good working relationship with the Shared Service Centre
- Keep up with ever changing floorplans and ensure up to date copies of these are kept
- Ensuring sales reports are kept up to date with all required information
- Manage the distribution of online exhibitor manuals and be the main point of contact for any exhibitor queries regarding this. Ensuring you know when the deadlines for important forms are and managing check lists of these forms – chasing exhibitors to complete and having good overview of submissions
- Provide external sales agents with all relevant information relating to each event (brochure, pricing etc) and keep constant communication with them
- Lead the agent commission process after an event has taken place. Including raising PO’s via Oracle for invoices
- Ongoing management and updating of the CRM system (Salesforce), checking all leads and potentials leads are added.
- Ensure all exhibitor files/accounts are kept up to date
- Creation of email campaigns via Adestra
- Tracking the progress of an email campaign and providing the sales teams with the leads (opens/clicks) from said email campaigns
- Assisting in data clean up
2-3 years’ experience in sales operations for events or similar
- Desired but not essential: a basic knowledge of Salesforce, Adestra and Oracle (full training will be provided) or similar systems
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Adobe PDF
- Strong communication skills
- Well organised
- Eye for detail
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to suit the needs of the sales ops team
- Able to work as part of a wider team but also independently
- Open to being flexible
Working hours are 8-4:30.
Two days a week are in the office (Monday & Wednesday).
25 days holidays (pro rata), increasing to 27 days after 2 years.
You may be required to travel Asia to assist onsite with events.